In 2021, the Fellowship of Christian Airline Personnel (FCAP) was still navigating through the effects of the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic. But as 2020 and 2021 were years of great upheaval within the church overall, FCAP has adapted to new and innovative ways of reaching its people.
1. Our two-fold purpose in FCAP remains unchanged:
- To encourage Christians to walk with the Lord Jesus Christ, enjoying His presence and possessing His power to be salt and light on the job God has given them on the airlines.
- To encourage the Christian airline employee to help carry out the Great Commission, introducing fellow employees to Jesus Christ and helping them to grow toward spiritual maturity.
2. The mission of FCAP also remains the same: To encourage believers within the airline and aviation workplaces to represent Christ through meaningful relationships and quality work.
3. FCAP continues to use prayer to accomplish the mission, along with other resources.
- Our monthly PRAYER LETTER places prayer requests in the hands of those who have committed to this important task.
- FCAP also sends out a monthly newsletter (IN THE JETSTREAM) that includes biblical insights on how to live as Christians at work.
- Our “On the Job…God’s Way” Training is comprised of a formal curriculum that can be taught in person or web-based.
- Virtual fellowship and prayer as well as leadership meetings continue to occur post pandemic as an effective way to communicate.
4. The FCAP Board of Directors is composed of current airline employees along with two retirees. The Board is made up of pilots, mechanics, cabin crew, and technical training personnel from the U.S., Colombia and the Philippines.
5. FCAP has just recently named a new General Director, Jake Joseph. He is replacing Paul Curtas, who has faithfully served the ministry for nearly 30 years. Our staff is comprised of a General Director, Jenni Ashmore-Ministry Manager, Cathy Goza-Administrative Coordinator, and Edward Church-Fellowship Coordinator.
6. 2021 marked our 50th Anniversary of the founding of the ministry! Every month a different domicile shared their own ministry beginnings along with updates regarding the specific struggles, victories, and their vision of the future state of the organization.
This ministry is funded totally through donations as God leads in individual hearts. Our commitment to those who give is as follows:
- We are committed to using all donations given to FCAP to bless others with the riches of God’s Word and to spread the Gospel of Christ throughout the airline workplace worldwide.
- We are committed to carrying out the Great Commission of Christ (Matthew 28:19-20) in response to God’s love for us. We believe that God will provide through His people connected to this ministry. We will let our needs be known tactfully.
- We are committed to operating this ministry by principles outlined in God’s Word. In doing so, we ask that people give to FCAP after their financial obligations to their family and local church.
- We are committed to honoring privacy by keeping in confidence FCAP contributor names or any information relating to their contributions.
FCAP is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization. Accordingly, all donations made to this ministry are deductible for income tax purposes.
God is faithful, and we all here at FCAP give thanks for His providence over us. Grace and peace to you all.
In His Service,